Monday, June 21, 2010

I ♥ Faces - Week 25 - Celebrating Teens

This week is "Teen Week" over at IHeartFaces ... I can't wait to see everyone else's entries this week - Teens definitely hold a special place in my heart!

I am definitely blessed & honored to coach - and teach! -some of the most talented & intelligent group of teens in South Carolina ... With that being said, I get to take lots of pictures of my team as well :) Each year I get to see a small group of them graduate and move on to bigger and better things, but they will - always - hold a special place in my heart. 

Here is a pic I took of my girls after they scored their first goal in the Lady Bearcat Invitational Soccer Tournament this past spring.  I love the fact that the girls celebrate as a team - They get to be such good friends season after season.  Two of the girls pictured are recent graduates that I'm going to miss dearly.  Both are headed to play college soccer in the fall.

Sports are such a big part of the high school experience, but by no means is it all ... These kids do everything from high school sports, to clubs, youth groups, volunteer work, are in honors classes and some even hold jobs! I swear, I don't know how they do it!  I'd be w - o - r - n out!

Be sure to stop by IHeartFaces and check out the other entries this week!






35 comments:

Carrie said...

What a wonderful moment you've caught, I love the looks on their faces!!

Unknown said...

Great capture! These are the moments you remember as a teenager.

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Great action shot! Fabulous capture.

Raven Mathis @ LMMP said...

Great photo and adorable site!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment.. Love your shot! Sure made me smile...I miss those days!

Kylee said...

Oh I just LOVE this picture! You can see the excitement and pride on their faces! This is such a wonderful candid shot! Awesome awesome work!

http://almostengagedtothearmy.blogspot.com

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Your image is so sweet! Girls celebrating and cheering each other on. What a great thing that you coach them and shoot great shots as well! Love it!
blessings!

Anonymous said...

teen athletes at their best!

Gina said...

TEAM SPIRIT! I Love it! This is a great shot at a perfect moment!

Michelle said...

love this shot!!

Goesturbo said...

your image TOTALLY captures their friendship and joy. I love it - perfect!

allie k reid said...

I love that picture! Tthey are so happy!

Unknown said...

Great pic! They are truly enjoying the moment. Way to capture it.

Marinda said...

What a great shot! Love all the emotion in this shot!

Angie Ray said...

How fun, love this!

Unknown said...

Great action shot, love the emotion!

Mindy said...

What a great shot! You can definitely feel the love.

Jenna said...

Oh I like this shot!! Girls being girls!!

Brooke said...

What a great, fun capture!

Anya Coleman said...

Great photo!Love it!

Missy said...

Love the team camaraderie that's felt here. Nice capture.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Fun capture!

Blessings,
Jill
http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

wenderful said...

Love this too. The emotions are spot on!

Melissa Spencer said...

This is a great shot!

Lauren Stahr said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!! I have fond, fond memories of playing soccer throughout my teens... and you captured the fun and playfulness beautifully.

PattyLynn Photography said...

Great capture!!! It almost makes me want to go back to be a teenager!! I actually use to be a pretty good soccer player!! LoL! Love the post processing.

Breeze Flowers said...

great capture

Jeri said...

I love the sportsmanship you've captured.

Trisha D said...

Aww! What an amazing shot! Love the emotion you captured!

Lindsay said...

Great capture! Brings back fond memories of my own soccer-playing days! :)

Amy said...

I don't know how they do it all either. What a great capture!

Anonymous said...

Love the naturalness of the moment, and the post-processing - perfect :-)

alpinekleins said...

So cute - lovin' it! Love the fantastic unsaturated look also!

Kristin

Natalie said...

This is a great picture! I love the expressions you caught. I can feel their excitement and friendship!

Kate said...

Love the whole feel of this!!!